- • Wash hands and all equipment, counters, cutting boards, dishes and utensils
with hot soapy water.
- • Make sanitizing solution by mixing 1 tablespoon unscented liquid chlorine
bleach in 1 gallon of warm (not hot) water.
- • Sanitize all kitchen surfaces after cleaning. Cleaning or washing surfaces
first allows a sanitizer to work properly.
- • Keep meat separate from other foods when shopping.
- • Use separate cutting boards for meats and vegetables or clean and sanitize
between cutting meats and vegetables.
- • Wash hands, cutting boards and all utensils after coming in contact with raw
meat, poultry or fish. Cutting boards and utensils should also be sanitized.
- • Cook meats, poultry, eggs, fish and shellfish thoroughly.
- • Reheat leftovers to 165°F.
- • Bring sauces, soups, and gravies to a boil when reheating.
- • Refrigerate foods quickly. Do not leave food out more than two hours.
- • Thaw meats on the bottom shelf on a plate (to catch juices)
in the refrigerator. Never thaw meat on the counter.